Thursday, October 29, 2009

My First Post

I have been thinking of starting a blog for some time now and decided it was time to finally bite the bullet. After seeing the movie Julie & Julia, I thought if she can blog about food, surely I could blog about my kids and my crazy life. I have watched my boys grow so much before my eyes the last 8 years and I feel their childhoods are so fleeting. They are such individuals, and I want to remember what they were like as children, to see what carries into adulthood and what doesn't. I want to be able to differentiate which kid liked what, and who was the one that talked first. I have already forgotten so much of their babyhood that at least I want to start now. Here is where each of them are now....hopefully in doing this I will also recapture what they did back then as well.

Colin~Colin just turned 8 in Septmeber, how time flies....I do remember the day of his birth. I was so in awe of this little baby that God game me, and so afraid and overwhelmed by the responsibility. He is loving and lazy, sweet and selfish, smart and silly, so many things. He loves video games and playing outside with the neighbor kids who are constantly out in our yard. He is really likable and makes friends easy, much easier than I ever thought he would since he didn't let go of my leg until he was three. He can be so kind to his brothers, but finds them to be a burden at times, which I really find acceptable. Sometimes we all just want some time alone, and it is hard to come by in our house. He does great in school, but sometimes hates to put in the work. I find him to be the most like Jim, smart mouthed, handsome, and kind. They butt heads a lot and think that is the reason....they are two peas in a pod. As I adore my husband, I adore my first born just the same

Nathan~Nathan is a ladies man. He is what every woman will want their husband to be someday. He is observant, sweet, complimentary and so lovey and affectionate. He also is the type of person who holds things in and then blows up. Don't even get me started on how he is when he doesn't get enough sleep. Nathan is the kind of person who needs to get to know someone until he lets loose. He is the most helpful of all my kids and the one that I have the most trouble with getting him to do what I ask...what is up with that. Nathan was a tough baby and sometimes I think that I wished him to grow up to soon. I look at his baby pictures and think how cute he was. He is in Kindergarten this year and doing so well. His teacher says that he is eager to please and and good listener. I think he is on his best behavior at school and then lets loose at home, because his ears seem broken at home sometimes. He and I are the most a like and his smile lights up my day every time I see it.

Evan~Oh, my what can I say about my sweet little Evan. He is three going on 12, he rules the roost around here and every once in awhile I look at him and wonder if he is even mine and Jim's. If he didn't look so much like us, I really think I'd have doubts. He is Mr. Personality. Those that know Jim and I, know we are not outgoing at all. Evan will talk to anyone, anywhere. His vocabulary and social skills are miles ahead of what it should be for a three year old. He is even in a four year old preschool class this year and besides not knowing how to write, you seriously would never know. I used to think it was that he was the third kid, but now I really know it is just him. He is super stubborn and doesn't take no for an answer very easily. He also says he is sorry constantly, but turns around and beats someone in the same breath. He is going to be the kid to keep us on our toes.

They say starting something is the hardest part....we'll see!!